An error has occurred: Error connecting to the server: Kerberos 5 authentication not supported

From: "Dr(dot) Randall Williams" <Williams_RG(at)analyteks(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: An error has occurred: Error connecting to the server: Kerberos 5 authentication not supported
Date: 2006-11-11 03:16:25
Lists: pgadmin-support

I am trying to connect to my PostgreSQL server using kerberos. I
received the pgAdmin III message in the title line.
I am able to connect to the PostgreSQL server via ssl using md5 password
authentication using pgAdmin III.
Kerberos is working for file and mail services on the same server. Is
this a pgAdmin II problem or a problem with
PostgreSQL configuration files??

Thanks.

System details:

Server: Mac OSX 10.4.8
PostgreSQL: 8.1.5
pgAdmin III: 1.6RC2

pg_hba authentication: krb5
keytab location in pg_hba.conf: /usr/local/pgsql/data/krb5.keytab
keytab location for other services: /etc/krb5.keytab

environment parameters set: PGREALM, PGKRBSRVNAME

Randall Williams