Re: postgres at startup

From: Shane Ambler <pgsql(at)007Marketing(dot)com>
To: Michael McCloskey <maxmcclo(at)ihug(dot)com(dot)au>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: postgres at startup
Date: 2006-11-10 10:06:37
Lists: pgsql-general

Michael McCloskey wrote:
> Postgres is starting automatically for me at startup.
> When I boot up my machine and then check the running processes I see
> postmaster.exe and 4 postgres processes.
> How can I stop this?
> I don't want Postgres starting up automatically.
>
> Thanks.
>
> -Michael

For XP/2000/2003 you can change the startup options for all services in
the service manager.

Right click on My Computer and select Manage.
Expand Services and Applications then select Services - there you will
find an entry for PostgreSQL Database Server and you can change the
startup settings (disabled/manual/automatic).

Or you can run mmc and add the services snap-in (this way you can
configure remote machines as well).

--

Shane Ambler
pgSQL(at)007Marketing(dot)com