[Pljava-dev] org.postgresql.pljava.internal.ServerException running linux headless mode

From: scottpetersen at softhome(dot)net (Scott Petersen)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] org.postgresql.pljava.internal.ServerException running linux headless mode
Date: 2006-10-31 16:58:42
Lists: pljava-dev

Thomas Hallgren wrote:
> Scott Petersen wrote:
>> Supportive helpers,
>>
>> I am running Postgresql 8.1.3 on a Linux machine and attempting to
>> execute some Java code that needs to access libawt.so in headless
>> mode. After looking at the page
>> http://wiki.tada.se/wiki/display/pljava/Module+Configuration I do not
>> seem to find a way to do this. In reviewing the page
>> http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=760969&start=105 it
>> instructs me to start java with "-Djava.awt.headless=true". I need
>> some direction on how to accomplish this task.
>>
> Did you try adding:
>
> pljava.vmoptions = '-Djava.awt.headless=true'
>
> to the postgresql.conf file?
>
> Regards,
> Thomas Hallgren

Thomas,

Thanks for the information. I thought that I had set this previously,
but in order to verify that this was the case I checked my
postgresql.conf file and it contains the following:

# CUSTOMIZED OPTIONS

custom_variable_classes = 'pljava' # list of custom
variable class names
pljava.classpath='/usr/local/pljava/pljava.jar'
pljava.statement_cache_size=10
pljava.release_lingering_savepoints = true
pljava.vmoptions = '-Djava.awt.headless=true'
pljava.debug = false

I then stopped postgresql and then restarted postgresql. I then reran
my application with the same error result.

Any further help would be appreciated..

Scott.