Re: Deleting an index confuses SQL dialogue window

From: Erwin Brandstetter <brandstetter(at)falter(dot)at>
To: dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk, pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Deleting an index confuses SQL dialogue window
Date: 2006-10-29 13:07:12
Lists: pgadmin-support

dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk wrote
> That error is coming from PostgreSQL - the query tool never looks at any
> indexes; it just sends the query and displays whatever comes back. What is
> the exact sequence of events needed to reproduce this?

You are right. My queries included plpgsql functions and I stubled
across a well documented side effect of plpgsql storing execution plans
for the life of a database connection.
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/static/plpgsql.html#PLPGSQL-OVERVIEW
Consequently I could reproduce the same effect with psql.

So it is by design. Sorry for the noise.

Regards
Erwin