Deleting an index confuses SQL dialogue window

From: Erwin Brandstetter <brandstetter(at)falter(dot)at>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Deleting an index confuses SQL dialogue window
Date: 2006-10-28 01:31:19
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi Dave,
the last thing I want is to mess with your blood pressure, but I
just might have another one here ...

If I run a query in the SQL dialogue window which utilizes an index and
delete this index afterwards, the same query will result in an error
after that.

FEHLER: could not open relation with OID 1134569
SQL state: XX000
Context: SQL-Anweisung »SELECT (...)

Recreating the index under the same name does not help, as pgAdmin seems
to be looking for the OID of the index. It seems the query plan is being
saved and executed over and over again. Executing other queries in the
same SQL dialogue window works fine. Trying the original query keeps
failing.
Executing the same query in a new SQL dialogue window works fine.

Not sure if this is a bug or by design. It certainly looks like a bug to me.

Regards
Erwin