plpgsql copy import csv double quotes

From: PASCAL CROZET <pascal(dot)crozet(at)qualis-consulting(dot)com>
Subject: plpgsql copy import csv double quotes
Date: 2019-10-09 21:20:02
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi, MailingList

PG 9.3 under Ubuntu 14.04 (I know, that’s obsolete, but we’re planning to move to pg 10 or more during 2020)
I’ve experience issues with double quotes \34 inside fields, in a csv file.

Ex :
"value1","some text","other text with "double quotes" inside","last field"

When I import this line in a table, with the exact column number, with the « copy » command in plpgslq, the import fails.
Saying that too many fields are present.

I tried to catch the double quotes and delete then, but that’s hard under AWK or sed

_________________________________

Cordialement, Pascal CROZET

DBA - [cid:image002(dot)png(at)01D57EF8(dot)10B0A960] <http://www.qualis-consulting.com> Qualis Consulting<http://www.qualis-consulting.com/>
www.qualis-consulting.com<http://www.qualis-consulting.com/> • 04 78 22 74 90
• Le Bois des Côtes 1 – Bâtiment A
• 300 Route Nationale 6 – 69760 LIMONEST
GRANT and REVOKE trigger on a ddl_command_end event trigger but don't provide any information beyond whether it was a table, schema, function, etc. that was affected. No object IDs or the like are included. How would you find out which table had its ACLs modified?

Also, why do grants and revokes have an object_type of 'TABLE' instead of lower case names like 'table' for all other event types?

Thanks,

Miles Elam