Server Status Activity grid

From: Chris Campbell <ccampbell(at)cascadeds(dot)com>
To: "pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Server Status Activity grid
Date: 2013-08-28 20:03:49
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi Group,

I think I've asked this question before a long time ago but I'm hoping to get a different answer this time. :D

In pgAdmin III - 1.16.1, on the Server Status screen, the Activity grid lists current database connections.

The Application name column very clearly lists pgAdmin III connections, which is great, but if my application also has an active connection or two or three, the Application name column is blank.

My question is, where is the Application name column pulling its data from? A PostgreSQL catalog table? A parameter? Dark magic? I would like to see that the connection comes from my app in the grid, as opposed to some other source.

Thanks,

Chris