Re: Execute a function upon a connection made/closed

From: Uyelik <uyelik(at)yorukoglu(dot)name(dot)tr>
Cc: "A(dot) Kretschmer" <andreas(dot)kretschmer(at)schollglas(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Execute a function upon a connection made/closed
Date: 2006-10-13 09:47:09
Lists: pgsql-general

A. Kretschmer wrote, On 13.10.2006 12:32:
> am Fri, dem 13.10.2006, um 12:25:38 +0300 mailte Uyelik folgendes:
>
>> Hi,
>> Is there any way to execute a function upon a new connection made or existing
>> one closed?
>>

> IIRC no, but you can set variables, perhaps this will help you.
> ALTER name SET parameter { TO | = } { value | DEFAULT }

Do you mean; after a connection made by a client, client first set a
variable? I need a server side solution?

>> Is active connections info stored on a table or (?) ?
>>

> In a system-view, pg_stat_activity. You can select from there.

Yes, i can query this view, but i need to do some thing on database upon
a new connection info added to this (view) or deleted. But this is a
view and i cant add trigger? More deeply where is the connection info
stored?

> HTH, Andreas

Thanks,
Mustafa