[Pljava-dev] Newbie Questions

From: scottpetersen at softhome(dot)net (Scott Petersen)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] Newbie Questions
Date: 2006-09-29 18:46:42
Lists: pljava-dev

Folks,

YES, I am a newbie. But I have been tasked to verify several questions
specific to the PLJava implementation (version 1.3. 0, Postgresql
8.1+). I have read the manual at
http://wiki.tada.se/wiki/display/pljava/The+choice+of+JNI which has been
most helpful and informative. But I need to verify the following:

1) When I create a connection "Connection db =
DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:default:connection");", does this
reuse/copy/duplicate the existing connection or does it create a new
(second) connection to the database?

2) In reading the above referenced web page it appears that each
connection has its own JVM. Is this true, or is there a single JVM per
schema, or a single JVM per database?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Scott.