Re: postgresql rising

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Brad Nicholson <bnichols(at)ca(dot)afilias(dot)info>
Cc: Philip Hallstrom <postgresql(at)philip(dot)pjkh(dot)com>, Andrew Sullivan <ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: postgresql rising
Date: 2006-09-21 14:41:20
Lists: pgsql-general

>>> I think that description is false. At a certain point in the
>>> management hierarchy, the only way anyone has the ability to evaluate
>>> something is on the basis of reputation.
>> I think that description is false. At a certain point in the management
>> hierarchy, the only way anyone has the ability to evaluate something is on
>> the basis of....
>>
>> - if there is someone they can sue.
>
> Good luck attempting to sue Microsoft, Oracle or IBM for deficiencies in
> their database products.

Well actually you can't sue either via the licenses. However, that is
not where large corps find the comfort. The comfort comes from the fact
that IBM, Oracle and MS will defend *you* if you are sued for ip
violation per the use of their product (e.g; oracle is violating a
patent and you get sued for using oracle).

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

http://www.commandprompt.com/