Re: Differences lang with or without "u" example:pltcl

From: Chris <dmagick(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: SebaM <sebastian(dot)malyska(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Differences lang with or without "u" example:pltcl
Date: 2006-09-07 21:53:34
Lists: pgsql-general

SebaM wrote:
> Hi all
> I wonderring what could be differences beetwen languages with and
> without "u" for example:
> pltcl - pltclu
> plperl - plperlu
>
> Is anybodu know and could point me suitable link or something?

It's "trusted" versus "untrusted" languages.

Trusted languages only work within the postgres environment.

Untrusted languages can include things or do things outside the postgres
environment.

This page is about pl/perl but the same idea applies to all the languages:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/interactive/plperl-trusted.html

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/