Re: problem with initlocation

From: Andy Shellam <andy(dot)shellam-lists(at)mailnetwork(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: problem with initlocation
Date: 2006-09-01 17:48:26
Lists: pgsql-admin

Compile it from source - 8.1.4 is the latest stable version.
The 6.5 series is not just old, it's ancient. It hasn't been updated
since 1999.

There are some serious bugs in the earlier versions, even in the early
7.x series that do and have resulted in data loss.

At least get and test out an 8.x series install, you might be surprised,
and it may just save your data.

---