Re: Atomicity?

From: Naz Gassiep <naz(at)mira(dot)net>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Atomicity?
Date: 2006-08-28 20:15:23
Lists: pgsql-general

No, the subsequent UPDATEs were just there to show you they worked... I
was only interested in the failed update, and why it failed. The DB was
consistent before the query, and it would have been after the query, so
I did not understand why the query failed unless the query made teh DB
inconsistent at some point DURING its execution. This seems odd to me,
as queries should not trigger errors like that if the DB is only out of
consistency DURING its execution, as long as it is consistent before and
after.
Regards,
- Naz.