front-end to Postgres

From: Karen Springer <karen(dot)springer(at)wulfsberg(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: "Malinowski, Paul" <paul(dot)malinowski(at)wulfsberg(dot)com>
Subject: front-end to Postgres
Date: 2006-08-18 14:14:18
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi,

I am curious what others out in the community are using as a front-end
to Postgres. We are currently using Microsoft Access & Python CGI
scripts. We would love to move away from Access, but haven't found an
alternate that provides the same kind of rapid development of forms &
reports. Our company loves to collect data so we have lots & lots of
forms. There are only two of us & we have 7 servers plus 120 computers
to maintain. Python has been great, but the CGI scripts take more time
to develop & don't run as fast. What has worked we for others? Java?
AJAX? PHP? Any suggestions would be much appreciated. We don't mind
something with a learning curve. We use open source where we can
(Fedora, Postgres, Bugzilla), but could probably talk management into
spending money for a good solution.
--
Karen Springer