Is it possible (postgresql/mysql)

From: louis gonzales <gonzales(at)linuxlouis(dot)net>
To: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Is it possible (postgresql/mysql)
Date: 2006-08-16 12:57:57
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello List,
PostgreSQL 8.0.1 (on Solaris 9)
There is a PERL program that a friend purchased which is used to create
tables on a MySQL database, and of course ;) I want to run this on a
PostgreSQL database server instead. The below is the code:
$sth=runSQL("CREATE TABLE someTable (
date_create bigint NOT NULL,
date_end bigint NOT NULL,
username VARCHAR(20) NOT NULL,
$cat_definition
id serial PRIMARY KEY,
status VARCHAR(20) NOT NULL,
$adfields
visibility TEXT NOT NULL,
priority TEXT NOT NULL,
template TEXT NOT NULL,
view bigint DEFAULT 0 NOT NULL,
reply bigint DEFAULT 0 NOT NULL,
save bigint DEFAULT 0 NOT NULL,
updated bigint,
photo VARCHAR(1) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
INDEX(username),
$cat_index
INDEX(date_create) );");

What my question is, the "INDEX(...)" function calls, which work this
way on MySQL, don't work in PostgreSQL. Does anybody know what a
synonymous way to modify the above code, for compatibility with PostgreSQL?

FYI: yourVariable INT UNSIGNED AUTO_INCREMENT(MySQL)
can be replaced by
yourVariable serial

Thanks group!

--
Email: louis(dot)gonzales(at)linuxlouis(dot)net
WebSite: http://www.linuxlouis.net