Problem with JDBC and Large Objects

From: Randall Hauch <rhauch(at)revelytix(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Problem with JDBC and Large Objects
Date: 2006-08-09 23:12:02
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

<head>
</head>
I'm using the latest JDBC driver (8.1-407) with PostgreSQL 8.1.3 (on
Windows) and PostgreSQL 8.1.4 (on Debian).&nbsp; I've searched the archives,
and found several applicable thread that were never responded to or
apparently resolved:<br>
<ul>
<li><a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-bugs/2001-04/msg00216.php">http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-bugs/2001-04/msg00216.php</a></li>
<li><a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://mail-archive.objectweb.org/dods/2001-11/msg00007.html">http://mail-archive.objectweb.org/dods/2001-11/msg00007.html</a></li>
</ul>
I'm using JDBC to store (binary) files in a database, and have tried
storing the content in a BYTEA column and using the Large Object API
and storing a OID column in my table.&nbsp; I am able to upload various
files into the database, but when I download them the 0xFF characters
in the uploaded files have all been stripped.&nbsp; I've looked for a
configuration setting, but don't see anything of use.&nbsp; (The database or
client character encodings should not apply to binary data.)<br>
Any suggestions?&nbsp; Is this a bug?&nbsp; (If it is a bug, it seems hard to
believe that nobody has run across this.)<br>
Thanks in advance!<br>
Randall<br>

Attachment Content-Type Size
unknown_filename text/html 1.5 KB