Antw: problem with windows installer

From: "Christian Rengstl" <Christian(dot)Rengstl(at)klinik(dot)uni-regensburg(dot)de>
To: "Christian Rengstl" <Christian(dot)Rengstl(at)klinik(dot)uni-regensburg(dot)de>, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Antw: problem with windows installer
Date: 2006-07-21 15:59:04
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

forget the last email. After rebooting it's working again. Don't know why or how, but it's working...

>>> Christian Rengstl 21.07.06 12.55 Uhr >>>
Hi list,

i just wanted to delete my sandbox version of postgre and install the "real" postgresql-database. unfortunately, the windows installer doesn't want to start and keeps telling me that the windows installer service could not be accessed. Strangely, i can start any other installer on the same machine (win 2003 server). Even stranger, on my local workstation i can start the very same installer.
Does anybody have an idea why this is happening?

--
Christian Rengstl M.A.
Klinik und Poliklinik für Innere Medizin II