[Pljava-dev] problems installing PL/Java under Mac OS 10.3.9

From: essaid(dot)kharrazen at noos(dot)fr (EsSaid Kharrazen)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] problems installing PL/Java under Mac OS 10.3.9
Date: 2006-07-21 10:56:04
Lists: pljava-dev

Hello Joachim,

I have the same platform (MacOS X 10.3.9, Postgres 8.1.4 PL/Java 1.3)
and did not experienced any problem in installing and running PL/Java. I
compared your installation parametter with mine and see only one
difference is:

in my configuration the files pljava.so an pljava.jar are installed in
the standard postgres lib directory $libdir
which in my configuration is located in /usr/local/pgsql/lib. Those two
files belongs to the postgres user which in my installation is named
postgres.

So, I didn't add any dynamic_library_path in the postgres.conf file. I
have only the two lines:
custom_variable_classes = 'pljava'
pljava.classpath = '/usr/local/pgsql/lib/pljava.jar'

Also, I did not set any LD_LIBRARY_PATH environnement variable because I
just thought that if Postgres is able to find its own dynamic or shared
libraries from $libdir then no need to set any thing for it to find the
pljava.so.

I would like to here from you if you could check if changing
installation to make it looks like mine make things works.

However in my installation I have a problem in the last step which
consist in running the pljava tests. On my platform all plajava tests
succeds excpet two of them testSavepointSanity and
testTransactionRecovery. I am interested in seeing if the tests produce
the same result on your platform.

Hope this will help