Version Discrepancy

From: rstp <ronDOTmhp(at)shaw(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Version Discrepancy
Date: 2006-07-08 14:42:19
Lists: pgsql-general

pg_config is telling us that we are running version 7.3.6-RH, but when
we start psql it shows that we are running 8.1.4 (which is the correct
version).
[postgres(at)mh bin]$ pg_config --version
PostgreSQL 7.3.6-RH
[postgres(at)mh bin]$ which postmaster
~/bin/postmaster
[postgres(at)mh bin]$ psql imp

This isn't causing any problems, but does seem a bit unusual. We
purchased a Dell server with RHEL preinstalled, minus postgres, which we
installed ourselves. No non-8.1.4 versions of pg_ctl or postmaster exist
on the server. Any ideas on what's causing this?

Thanks,

Ron