Re: Data Entry and Query forms

From: Markus Schaber <schabi(at)logix-tt(dot)com>
To: Anthony Kinyage <kinyage_tony(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Data Entry and Query forms
Date: 2006-06-29 13:50:21
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi, Anthony,

Anthony Kinyage wrote:

> Before continuing our Plans, I need to know how can I do with PostgreSQL
> in order to have Data Entry and Query Forms on clients side (How can I
> design Data Entry and Query Forms).

PostgreSQL itsself is a database server, not a front-end form designer.

However, using the PostgreSQL ODBC driver, you should be able to
continue using your current front-ends (like Access).

If you don't like this, maybe you can look at GNU Enterprise,
OpenOffice.org database module, Delphi/Kylix or others. (I admit I've
used none of those yet, we use PostgreSQL as backend for "real"
applications.)

HTH,
Markus

Dipl. Inf. | Software Development GIS