[Pljava-dev] java.lang.OutOfMemoryError

From: thomas at tada(dot)se (Thomas Hallgren)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
Date: 2006-06-28 10:39:05
Lists: pljava-dev

Hi Eric,
Some followup questions inline:

Eric BOYER wrote:
> I will try to explain what are we doing :
> We wan't to insert data in a db postgres.
> The data come from a LDAP and concern information about computer account.
> We are connected to the LDAP and inject data in our db.
Is this connection established from within a PL/Java function or do you
have a client application for that?

> In this db, triggers insert some data in the same db but bot in the
> same table which can launch triggers again, etc ...
>
> Finally, we generate a new LDAP and an Active Directory !
>
> We have about 5000 people to insert.
How big is your transaction? Is it one insert per commit or do you
insert them all in one go?

> with 512, it's OK
> for exemple for 256 , it crash for about 2000 account
> when we use 128, it crash earlier

Sounds like each account consumes 100k of memory or more. Memory that
are never released. Do you have any static variables in your classes
(Map's List's etc.) that might hold on to the data? Are you careful to
close your ResultSet and Statements using try/finally clauses?

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren