[Pljava-dev] java.lang.OutOfMemoryError

From: thomas at tada(dot)se (Thomas Hallgren)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
Date: 2006-06-27 14:03:05
Lists: pljava-dev

Hi Eric,
I just CC'd you on a mail that I posted to the PostgreSQL hackers list
concerning your 'buffer refcount leak'. I'm not sure that's the cause of
your problems though. I need to know more about what you actually do
during your 'long treatment'. Some operations might be very memory
consuming. You're OK with -Xmx512M you say. Have you been able to figure
out where the upper bound is? What happens with -Xmx256M, -Xmx128M, etc.?

Are you doing a lot of XML processing? Do you have code that reuses a
lot of class loaders over and over again (might run out of perm-gen space).

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren