Re: Question about openSSL

From: Tony Caduto <tony_caduto(at)amsoftwaredesign(dot)com>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Question about openSSL
Date: 2006-06-19 13:26:43
Lists: pgsql-general

Dave Page wrote:

> Err, not quite correct. The app directory is *always* the first choice
> in either safe or unsafe mode, except if using LoadLibraryEx's alternate
> search order. See
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dllproc
> /base/dynamic-link_library_search_order.asp.
>
> We rely on that to allow side-by-side PostgreSQL 8.0 and 8.1
> installations on Windows. The former installed libpq et al. in the
> system32 directory, whilst 8.1+ have private copies.
>
> Regards, Dave.

Well, I guess you don't need openssl with npgsql. I stand corrected.

As far as the search order goes, the link you gave does not validate the
behavior I see on my fully patched version of XP and fully patch versions
of win2k in a corp environment.

The MSDN docs are not always correct or fully updated.

--
Tony Caduto
AM Software Design