Re: postgresql live-cd

From: Koen Martens <pgsql(at)metro(dot)cx>
To: Robert Bernier <robert(dot)bernier5(at)sympatico(dot)ca>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org, robin(at)sonologic(dot)nl
Subject: Re: postgresql live-cd
Date: 2006-06-15 12:15:09
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

All,

Robert Bernier wrote:
> On Wednesday 14 June 2006 20:27, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>> I suggest we use Ubuntu Dapper, basic install with Xubuntu-Desktop,
>> PostgreSQL 8.1.4 and pgAdminIII.
>
> I agree

We already started basing the live cd on knoppix yesterday, but that
is of course no reason to not switch to ubuntu now. I am not too
keen on ubuntu, it tends to break quickly. I think sticking with the
excellent hardware detection support of knoppix is a pre.

Furthermore, since i have gotten a lot of convincing arguments not
to use ccard-shaped or mini cd's, we're going for a normal CD. Which
means space is not too much of a problem anymore.

A first tentative ISO should be online later today. More info will
follow!

Best,

Koen