Re: php 5.1.4 with PostgreSQL 8.1.4 causes Apache 1.3.36

From: "pobox(at)verysmall(dot)org" <pobox(at)verysmall(dot)org>
To: "Gavin M(dot) Roy" <gmr(at)ehpg(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: php 5.1.4 with PostgreSQL 8.1.4 causes Apache 1.3.36
Date: 2006-06-08 22:57:06
Lists: pgsql-general

Gavin M. Roy wrote:
> It doesnt sound like an apache problem to me, it sounds like a library
> version conflict happening in PHP, so apache shouldn't impact it. What
> happens when you try and access pgsql functions from the cli?
>
> Gavin

I already recompiled another configuration and can't test at the moment.

Somehow all people with Apache 2.x report PHP 5.1.4 working with
PostgreSQL 8.1.4. I am trying this now and if it works, we might upgrade
the production server as well. Apache 1.3.36 will die out anyway soon
and if 2.x solves the problem, I would not dig deeper. If it does not
work and we go back to digging into 1.3.36, I'll post the result from
the test you suggest.

Thanks, Gavin.

Iv.