Re: PgAgent Installation ERROR

From: Kranti™ K K Parisa <kranti(dot)parisa(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: rod(at)iol(dot)ie
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>, pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PgAgent Installation ERROR
Date: 2009-05-05 12:13:08
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi,

I have got it worked from another way. written a shell scrip and created an
exe for that
Now defined a windows task scheduler and given this exe file, its doing the
backup perfectly. Also provided a link in application for super user, once
clicked we are calling a java runtime proces and calling the exe which is
generating the bakup.

2009/5/5 Raymond O'Donnell <rod(at)iol(dot)ie>

> On 05/05/2009 10:47, Kranti™ K K Parisa wrote:
>
> > When I run the command thru command prompt able to get the backup
> > file(without asking the password as I have passed an entry in pgpass.conf
> > file) of 1mb in size. but when I use RUN NOW from aggent job getting the
> > file generated in the given directory but its of 0kb in size.
>
> I don't know anything about pgAgent, but it sounds as if the job is
> failing for some reason and writing an empty file. Are there any logs
> you can check? - maybe the Windows event log or the PostgreSQL log?
> Also, what about permissions on the output directory - has the backup
> process got permission to write there?
>
> Just wild guesses....
>
> Ray.

> Raymond O'Donnell, Director of Music, Galway Cathedral, Ireland
> rod(at)iol(dot)ie
> Galway Cathedral Recitals: http://www.galwaycathedral.org/recitals

Kranti K K Parisa
M: +91 - 9391 - 438 - 738