Re: Restricting access to rows?

From: "Josue E(dot) Maldonado" <josue(at)lamundial(dot)hn>
To: lists(at)benjamindsmith(dot)com
Cc: PostgreSQL general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Restricting access to rows?
Date: 2006-05-26 13:11:22
Lists: pgsql-general

Benjamin Smith wrote:
> How can I set up a user so that Bob can update his records, without letting
> Bob update Jane's records? Is it possible, say with a view or some other
> intermediate data type?

I've done something similar using a separate control table where I set
what accounts an user can "see", then I wrote a psql that returns just
the rows for that especific user, it could also be done with pure SQL
joins tough.

--
Sinceramente,
Josué Maldonado.

... "Si me engañas una vez, tuya es la culpa. Si me engañas dos, la
culpa es mía." -- Anaxágoras.