Re: reindexdb program error under PG 8.1.3

From: David Wall <d(dot)wall(at)computer(dot)org>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: reindexdb program error under PG 8.1.3
Date: 2006-05-26 02:27:08
Lists: pgsql-general

> It really isn't neccessary. That said, there is *something* going on with your
> db, so it might be prudent to figure out what it is.

Thanks, Robert. Actually, I noted that each time I ran my backup
script, the OID mentioned in the error was bigger than previous number.

Before I run the reindexdb program, I am running the vacuumlo (from
contrib). Just by putting a sleep 5 between the two commands, I cannot
reproduce the error. If I remove the sleep, then the error happens
again. Clearly, there's something "left over" from vacuumlo that
reindexdb is finding.

Any thoughts on that observation?

Thanks,
David