Re: Odd transaction timestamp sequence issue

From: Jeff Amiel <jamiel(at)istreamimaging(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Odd transaction timestamp sequence issue
Date: 2006-04-21 15:19:30
Lists: pgsql-general

it is done using now()....
But what I don't understand is how the transaction that started first
could 'see' the record that hadn't been changed yet by the initial
update to 'COMPLETE'?
I thought:
"Each transaction sees a snapshot (database version) as of its
starttime, no matter what other transactions are doing while it runs"