Re: psql: FATAL: missing or erroneous pg_hba.conf file

From: Mark Sargent <coolboarderguy(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: psql: FATAL: missing or erroneous pg_hba.conf file
Date: 2006-04-21 14:41:21
Lists: pgsql-general

Harald Armin Massa wrote:

> Mark,
>
> and what exactly is there in server log?

LOG: missing field in file "/var/lib/pgsql/data/pg_hba.conf" at end of
line 67
FATAL: missing or erroneous pg_hba.conf file
HINT: See server log for details.

> psql: FATAL: missing or erroneous pg_hba.conf file
> HINT: See server log for details.
>

> Reading your words I assume you made a typing error while editing
> pg_hba.conf

No typo. Thought I'd pasted this in the first post. Sorry about that.

# TYPE DATABASE USER CIDR-ADDRESS METHOD

local all trust
# IPv4 local connections:
host all all 127.0.0.1/32 ident sameuser
# IPv6 local connections:
host all all ::1/128 ident sameuser

Cheers.

Mark Sargent.