[Pljava-dev] out of memory

From: thomas at tada(dot)se (Thomas Hallgren)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] out of memory
Date: 2006-04-12 06:19:30
Lists: pljava-dev

Marek,
You definitely have a memory leak somewhere. The process consumes 2.5
Gigabytes when it seems to hang. From the looks of it, it doesn't
actually hang but it is very, very slow (consumes 0.6 %CPU). Your
main-thread may well hang at this point, the rest of the activity might
be a struggling garbage collector. Is there any chance that you have a
huge map or array building up somewhere?

> I did that - but it doesn't affect the behavior of my function.

OK, good to know.

>> or do you close them too explicitly?
> No... should I do it ?
Not normally no. As I said previously, I'm trying to eliminate possible
causes for the leak. The more I know about your code and your setup, the
better the prognoses that I find something. Ideally, I'd like to look at
your function. You still keep your configuration a secret. What system
are you using? PostgreSQL version, OS version, Java version?

- thomas