Spend a week writing Postgres doc at Google headquarters.

From: Basil Bourque <basil(dot)bourque(dot)lists(at)pobox(dot)com>
To: "seapug(at)postgresql(dot)org" <seapug(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Spend a week writing Postgres doc at Google headquarters.
Date: 2013-08-10 09:31:35
Lists: seapug

I'm helping to quickly gather a team to apply for the 2013 Doc Camp Call for Proposals. Google is hosting a 5-day "Doc Camp" for people to volunteer to write documentation for free software projects. The FlossManuals.org people provide an experienced facilitator to guide us from concept to complete book in a rapid process.

The "DOCS" Postgres mailing list has a thread about using this event to write a guide/tutorial for newbies, the area where Postgres doc is most weak. If you might be interested, see that thread for more info and discussion. If this kind of geek-week is your idea of vacation fun, contact me.

The work is unpaid, but Google pays accommodation and food costs. Even travel expenses may possibly be covered (requested as part of application).

Unfortunately, time is short. They are willing to extend the August 7 deadline, but we must act quickly.

http://www.flossmanuals.org/news/2013-doc-camp-call-proposals

--Basil Bourque