How to save and restore a template database ?

From: DANTE ALEXANDRA <ALEXANDRA(dot)DANTE(at)BULL(dot)NET>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Agnes Bocchino <agnes(dot)bocchino(at)BULL(dot)NET>
Subject: How to save and restore a template database ?
Date: 2006-03-02 16:17:12
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,

We have a question concerning backup / restore of database.
Is it right if we say that for having a complete backup, we have do :
1. use pg_dumpall
2. do a backup of the modified "template1" database with pg_dump ?

Our question is how to save and restore a template database, as
"template1" ?

Regards,
Agnès BOCCHINO & Alexandra DANTE