Excessive GDI objects under WIN32

From: Zac Bowling <zac(at)zacbowling(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Excessive GDI objects under WIN32
Date: 2006-02-13 07:33:17
Lists: pgadmin-support

This maybe wxWidgets fault but pgadmin sure is using a lot of GDI
objects. It releases them ok when you close different windows but it
seems to allocating way more then would seem necessary. I do a lot of
postgres related development at work and I have to setup pgadmin on a
lot of slower windows machines, and those GDI objects are very precious
to me. With only 5 windows open, its possible to run almost completely
out. Visual Studio is another beast but not as bad as pgadmin with 4
windows open. Any clue where and when in wxwidgets (I'm more of gtk and
cocoa developer so I don't know) those GDI objects get allocated and if
anyone knows if this is related more to wxWidgets (maybe something I
could rebuild myself with a different backend or something) or the code
in general?

Zac Bowling
-
http://www.zacbowling.com/