Re: question about MAKE_EXPIRED_TUPLES_VISIBLE

From: Tony Caduto <tony_caduto(at)amsoftwaredesign(dot)com>
To: Stephan Szabo <sszabo(at)megazone(dot)bigpanda(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: question about MAKE_EXPIRED_TUPLES_VISIBLE
Date: 2006-02-02 23:37:42
Lists: pgsql-general

Stephan Szabo wrote:

>I think something like
>CFLAGS="-D MAKE_EXPIRED_TUPLES_VISIBLE" ./configure
>would be the way to get it.

Thanks,
I worked like a charm once I knew it was a CFLAG.

I did the dump as plain text insert statements, verified the deleted
records where there, then restored into a temp database, deleted all
records I did not need, then
dumped/restored back into the original table.

Thanks to Bruce for including this in 8.1, if used properly it's a life
saver :-)

Tony