Any way to extract records from the WAL?

From: Tony Caduto <tony_caduto(at)amsoftwaredesign(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Any way to extract records from the WAL?
Date: 2006-02-02 22:29:51
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,
I accidently deleted 2600 records. They are not super important but I
would like to get them back.

I copied the WAL file the deletes are in and I can see the text and
dates from the records, they are all there.

Is there a way to just extract the records without going through the
whole PITR thing? It's a test server and I was not backing it up, so
there is no dump available.

Thanks,

Tony