Re: PostgreSQL Top 10 Wishlist

From: Tony Caduto <tony(dot)caduto(at)amsoftwaredesign(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL Top 10 Wishlist
Date: 2006-01-22 07:27:06
Lists: pgsql-general

I think a client that tells me the columns are a, b, c but then
> gives me an error on "insert into table values (aval, bval, cval)" because
> the actual logical order is different is probably fairly broken.

I guess that could be a problem, I was thinking in terms of how I do a
insert, I rarely do it that way, I usually specify the columns by name i.e.
insert into blabla (fieldname1,fieldname2) values('bla','bla')

oh well, there goes that idea :-)

--
Tony Caduto
AM Software Design