Re: BUG #2143: Indexes incorrectly created from database dump

From: Robert Osowiecki <robson(at)cavern(dot)pl>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #2143: Indexes incorrectly created from database dump
Date: 2006-01-04 18:40:06
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Tom Lane napisał(a):

>"Robert Osowiecki" <robson(at)cavern(dot)pl> writes:
>

>>BUT when on "where ar_code = 'FOO'" unique_code_i index is used and query
>>returns NO ROWS!
>>

>Could you be more specific? Which values of 'FOO' does this happen for?

I haven't checked for everyone. I'll be doing another dump:restore soon
so I'll be able to check that.

>What is the datatype of ar_code? If it's a string type, what locale

ar_code is varchar(20)

>and
>encoding are you using?

locale is pl_PL: at least it sorts polish letters correctly. Database
encoding set to LATIN2

> You have not given nearly enough information to
>let anyone else reproduce the problem.

I'll be happy to answer any future questions, this is a critical issue
for me.

Robson.