Changing locale

From: Ulrich Wisser <liste(at)publisher(dot)de>
To: "[ADMIN]" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Changing locale
Date: 2005-12-21 10:45:56
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hello,

after Tom's last hint I checked the locale of my installation. With a
test installation with locale C all my problem scripts worked. Now I
wonder what will happen if I dump my whole database, reinitialize with
locale C and reload my data. Will this have some impact on my character
data even if I choose the same encoding (SQL_ASCII) as before?

Ulrich