Re: View with an outer join - is there any way to optimise

From: John McCawley <nospam(at)hardgeus(dot)com>
To: Rich Doughty <rich(at)opusvl(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: View with an outer join - is there any way to optimise
Date: 2005-12-12 17:10:46
Lists: pgsql-general

You should be able to use my trick...the join that is giving you the
problem is:

SELECT *
FROM
tokens.ta_tokenhist h INNER JOIN
tokens.vw_tokens t ON h.token_id = t.token_id
WHERE
h.sarreport_id = 9 ;

ta_tokenhist is already part of your view, right? So you should be able
to include the sarreport_id as part of your view, and then restructure
your query as:

SELECT *
FROM
tokens.ta_tokenhist INNER JOIN
tokens.vw_tokens ON tokens.ta_tokenhist.token_id =
tokens.vw_tokens.token_id
WHERE
tokens.vw_tokens.sarreport_id = 9 ;

I removed the aliases because they confuse me ;)