Re: [Pgbuildfarm-members] Help with CVS, HEAD and Shrew...

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Robert Creager <Robert_Creager(at)LogicalChaos(dot)org>
Cc: PGBuildFarm <pgbuildfarm-members(at)pgfoundry(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [Pgbuildfarm-members] Help with CVS, HEAD and Shrew...
Date: 2005-11-30 15:20:44
Lists: buildfarm-members

Robert Creager wrote:

>Hey All,
>
>I upgraded to CVS version of build-farm yesterday, and it works for REL8_1_STABLE, but not for HEAD, where I get CVS failures:
>
>[robert(at)thunder build-farm-20051129]$ ./run_build.pl
>Buildfarm member shrew failed on HEAD stage CVS-Unknown
>

>Help? I'll try removing the CVS directory for HEAD tonight...
>
>I've switched back to 2.09 for the time being.

That should fix it - this status indicates that your repo is not clean -
it has files unknown to CVS. We found that numerous errors were
attributable to this condition, so I tightened the tests considerably,
and now require a fairly pristine CVS repo. The reason is that we need
to be sure that what we are reporting on is in fact what's in CVS.

Merge conflicts or modified files in the repo will giver similar results.

You should never run configure or make directly in the buildfarm repo,
nor modify the files there - if necessary make a copy of the directory
to do testing with. Using VPATH might also work, but I wouldn't
guarantee it.

cheers

andrew