Re: Errors with temporary tables

From: Jens Wendelmuth <jw(at)weisshuhn(dot)de>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Alexander Presber <aljoscha(at)weisshuhn(dot)de>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, Bernhard Weißhuhn <bkw(at)weisshuhn(dot)de>, Frank Wittig <fw(at)weisshuhn(dot)de>
Subject: Re: Errors with temporary tables
Date: 2005-11-28 10:16:53
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi Tom,

Tom Lane wrote:

>The first of these looks like the same problem we've seen reported
>before of a table's rowtype not getting dropped when the table is
>dropped.

I'm a newbie with PG and i do not understand the meaning of "a table's rowtype not getting dropped when the table is
dropped."

Is this a failure of us or PG(8.1.0)?
Is there a way to solve/workaround this error?

If this error occurs, what happens to the SQL query? Is it completely processed or aborted?

>The second one is new though. Can you reproduce it?
>If so, a debugger backtrace from the errfinish() call would be very
>helpful.

Currently we're not able to directly reproduce this strange error. If so it will be posted.

Thanks in advance and best regards
Jens