Trouble downloading Postgres

From: Gary Horton <Gary(dot)Horton(at)Sun(dot)COM>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Trouble downloading Postgres
Date: 2005-11-21 18:01:35
Lists: pgsql-general

I'm trying to download the source for 8.1 but am having a problem from
both IE and Mozilla browsers. From either browser, clicking on a
donwload object link leads me here:

Choose a download mirror

*Downloading: * /binary/v8.1.0/win32/postgresql-8.1.0-2.zip

We could not query the database or no mirrors could be found!

Download PostgreSQL from the primary site <ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/>

...and clicking on that link to the primary site results in
"ftp.postgresql.org" not found in Mozilla - but that's probably a red
herring b/c in IE I get taken to the FTP directory, but here I click on
e.g. the pub directory (uh is that where I should be going?) and I get
this:

*The requested item could not be loaded by the proxy. *

*The maximum number of concurrent connections has been reached. Please
try again later, or try one of our many mirror sites listed at:
http://wwwmaster.postgresql.org/download/mirrors-ftp Login incorrect.
*

This same message happens regardless of which folder I choose. Should I
just try again later, or is there a more serious problem?

Thanks for any help - and if you would please, reply to me directly as I
don't receive postings from this list.

- Gary Horton
303-272-9140