Re: SIGSEGV taken on 8.1 during dump/reload

From: Teodor Sigaev <teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru>
To: Robert Creager <Robert(dot)Creager(at)sun(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: SIGSEGV taken on 8.1 during dump/reload
Date: 2005-11-09 07:54:12
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> So, I'm as sure as I can be right now. How can I check the .so files installed
> by the build? Do they reference an absolute path for their dependent .so files
> (postgres), or will they use ld.so.conf, which might then explain the problem.
> My ld.so.conf still points to the 8.0.2 version, as I've not switched yet to
> 8.1.0.

The simplest way is just remove pg_sphere.so in 8.1 installaion
(/usr/local/pgsql810/lib/pg_sphere.so) and try, for example, to create gist
index on spoint. Response should be:
contrib_regression=# create index test_data_index on test_data using gist( loc );
ERROR: could not access file "/usr/local/pgsql/lib/pg_sphere": No such file or
directory

If not - 8.1 use 8.0 .so....

WWW: http://www.sigaev.ru/