Re: PG 8.1 supported platforms list: IRIX is MIA

From: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: <bruc(at)stone(dot)congenomics(dot)com>
Subject: Re: PG 8.1 supported platforms list: IRIX is MIA
Date: 2005-11-04 17:47:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I don't know if this fills in any of the gaps, but...

We passed regression tests with 8.1RC1 on dual hyperthreaded
Xeon systems. One had SUSE 9.3 Professional; the other had
Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition (Service Pack 1).
Both had 8 GB RAM and six disk drives set up as RAID 5.

Configure switches were:
--enable-integer-datetimes
--enable-debug
--disable-nls

On SUSE we also had:
--with-python

If it would be helpful to have more info, let me know.

>>> Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> >>>
The 8.1 supported-platforms list is looking pretty good, I think -- we
don't have updates for every single combination of OS and hardware,
but we have updates for every OS and at least one instance of all
supported CPU types.