tsearch2 's access method?

From: 沈一枫 <alphahunters(at)163(dot)com>
To: "" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: tsearch2 's access method?
Date: 2005-10-19 15:46:25
Lists: pgsql-hackers

the basic structures to implement the index is :
1.B- tree or the alike.
2.hash structures

So the question is arise:In the tsearch2 model, I thought the general access method is GiST tree, a tree this like B- tree.
But when I saw the crc32_sz() function to hash the tsvector type, the index implementation again turns to be a hash list,

which is the right? hash structures or tree like B tree to implment the index?