[Pljava-dev] Error while installing jar

From: Paul(dot)Weinstabl at gmx(dot)net (Paul Weinstabl)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] Error while installing jar
Date: 2005-09-27 09:42:14
Lists: pljava-dev

Hello,

I am new to PL/Java, have some experience with Java in Oracle.

I have successfully deployed PL/Java after some problems with the
installation. But now I wanted to run the example tests as indicated in
the user manual. When doing so, I get the following error back from
Postgres in psql:

test_toolbox=# select
sqlj.install_jar('file:///home/pauli/office52/Artikel/Toolbox/pl_java/examples.jar',
'samples', true);
before or while processing the request.

My configuration is as follows:

Linux (Fedora Core 3)
Java - Standard Installation, Java 1.4.2_05
[pauli at laptop ~]$ echo $JAVA_HOME
/usr/java/j2sdk1.4.2_05

My /etc/ld.so.conf:
include ld.so.conf.d/*.conf
/usr/X11R6/lib
/usr/lib/mysql
/usr/local/lib
/usr/local/lib/python2.4
/usr/local/lib/gtk-2.0
/usr/java/j2sdk1.4.2_05/jre/lib/i386
/usr/java/j2sdk1.4.2_05/jre/lib/i386/client
/usr/java/j2sdk1.4.2_05/jre/lib/i386/native_threads"

Postgres-Version:
PostgreSQL 8.0.1
contains support for command-line editing

My postgresql.conf:
custom_variable_classes = 'pljava'

# SETTINGS FOR PL/Java 1.1

pljava.classpath =
'/home/pauli/office52/Artikel/Toolbox/pl_java/pljava.jar'

libpljava.so in the same directory where Postgres-libraries reside

I could deploy PL/Java and I can see the schema and also all the tables
and functions therein.

Please explain to me, what the problem could be.

I really would need an answer very soon, because I am writing a magazine
article for a german developer magazine.

Thanks in advance.

Paul