Re: Need for java based web admin tool

From: Hannes Dorbath <light(at)theendofthetunnel(dot)de>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Need for java based web admin tool
Date: 2005-09-23 19:57:45
Lists: pgsql-general

> I would like to install to client machine only Tomcat (You can't use php in Tomcat).

I might be wrong, but isn't it a common setup to have an apache running
in front of tomcat and having apache passing all JSP requests to tomcat ?

> And I would like to leave postgres ports closed, so HTTP tunneling is not a good solution...

That's what EMS PGM's HTTP tunneling is all about. You put a PHP proxy
script on your server, it uses Unix sockets to connect to the local PG
server and the EMS frontend calls that script over HTTP -- and it works
very well.

> But EMS Postgres Manager seams to be a nice tool, so thanks anyway.

IMHO the best win32 frontend out there.

--
Regards,
Hannes Dorbath