PostgreSQL related problem on iMac

From: Neil Marshall <nwmarshall(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PostgreSQL related problem on iMac
Date: 2016-10-27 09:31:32
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Good morning Postgre,

I have a small notification pane which appears randomly, in the same position every time, towards the top of my iMac 27" (2009) screen in the midline.
It first occurred after the recent MacOS Sierra upgrade. The pane is on screen for less than a second each time, sometimes it is very brief, and is about whether to allow or deny Postgre to access incoming content (or something of the sort!). There is no knowing when it will appear. I have actually succeeded in clicking on it a couple of times but it still comes back - randomly throughout every computer session. If I am typing when it appears it can induce typing errors.
'Apple help’ did not know about this issue. They advised a scan with malwarebytes but this did not help.
I uninstalled Postgre from the iMac as I could not see that I would have a use for it but that did not help either.

I would very much like to be rid of this problem.

With thanks,

Neil Marshall