Re: [Pgbuildfarm-members] requirements before application

From: "Andrew Dunstan" <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: <remi_zara(at)mac(dot)com>
Cc: pgbuildfarm-members(at)pgfoundry(dot)org
Subject: Re: [Pgbuildfarm-members] requirements before application
Date: 2004-12-18 19:28:48
Lists: buildfarm-members

Rémi Zara said:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to participate in the buildfarm project with a netbsd 2.0
> mac68k machine.
> On the registration form page, it is indicated that a successful build
> run can be done.
> Does this mean a successful run of the run_build.pl script, or a
> successful build of postgresql ?
> I ask because right now my platform requires a patch to build, and
> another to configure with kerb5...

It really means at a minimum that you don't have perl or CVS errors.

We are testing what is in the Postgres CVS repository, so you shouldn't have
patches applied - that's a good thing, as it helps highlight the urgency of
certain patches. So getting the OK stage of the scripts (i.e. a successful
build of everything and all checks passing) is not a prerequisite.

It is also not required to run with all the options enabled. For example, I
know that there is a problem with pltcl on Cygwin, so my Cygwin buildfarm
member doesn't have --with-tcl set. Many people don't compile with krb5. Are
there submitted patches to deal with your two problems?

If you're setting up a new member, please get the latest version from the
pgfoundry CVS - I will be rolling that into a new release in the next 24
hours.

cheers

andrew